My client a large Asset manager with operations all over the globe is currently recruiting for an internal auditor to join them on a contract basis in Edinburgh. You'll be helping them carry out detailed audits and providing technical expertise within the Asset Management (“AM”) Audit team. You will provide risk and control consultancy to aligned businesses. You'll provide insights and expertise, developing constructive working relationships with colleagues in a range of business functions.
- Maintaining an understanding of varied and complex business operations and objectives across key areas of the company.
- Identifying the root cause of control errors and recommending practical solutions to adequately and effectively solve internal control weaknesses.
- Influencing and developing relationships with management to help overcome any resistance to recommendations made.
- Delivering planned audits within tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Delivery of objectives with minimal guidance required from Audit Managers/Head of Audit.
- Audits clearly planned and researched using a risk-based approach to ensure scope is defined and objectives and timescales are met.
- Audits conducted, risk assessed and risk and control issues identified and analysed to determine root cause (in conjunction with Audit Manager where appropriate) to ensure implementation of efficient and effective controls within business areas.
- Audit report produced for stakeholders highlighting findings clearly and concisely and detailing recommendations for appropriate improvement actions.
- Audit findings communicated effectively to senior business management in a clear, constructive and accurate manner to mitigate risk (in conjunction with Audit Manager on complex audits).
- Audit follow-up conducted on a timely basis to ensure the business have implemented changes within agreed timescales and to agreed standards.
- Internal Audit
- Financial services exposure
- Educated to degree level with a relevant professional qualification (e.g. accounting, audit, risk)
- Experience of undertaking audits/controls assurance reviews within a financial services and investment management context
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in 1:1 and group situations
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Demonstrable ability to adapt and deliver in a fast-moving commercial environment