AVP, Compliance Testing (GLOBAL MARKETS)
Your new company
Your new company is one of the leading investment banks with uninterrupted presence across the globe. Hong Kong is one of the strongest compliance hubs across their APAC regions, Currently, they are seeking for an AVP, Compliance Testing professional at Manager level with key focus on their global markets businesses.
Your new role
You will be performing internal controls and running compliance risk assessment program by identifying compliance risks across the global markets business, especially within FICC markets (i.e. FX, Commodities and Rates). You will also ensure there is adequate oversight and management of compliance risks.
Other key responsibilities will be:
- Risk-assess the business undertaken and operational practices for consideration of inclusion in the Compliance Monitoring Programme.
- Develop and maintain a risk-based approach to planning and scoping activities to be undertaken to ensure there is adequate oversight of the compliance risks across both regulated entities.
- Plan, schedule and complete risk-based reviews appropriate to the risk-assessment of the business proposition and current regulatory and industry thinking. Ensure business knowledge, processes and controls are accurately and proportionately assessed against regulatory and internal compliance standards.
- Apply strong analytical reasoning skills to risk-rate outcomes and determine the level of impact of issues identified.
- Where serious concerns are identified, escalate in an effective manner to the Head of Compliance Testing to ensure early notification to senior management and prompt action can be taken.
- Ensure business area is kept up to date on progress of reviews being undertaken and issues being identified during the course of the review.
- Accurately record findings, presenting these verbally and in a written format considered most appropriate for the content and the audience.
- Ensure actions are tracked to completion, ensuring support is provided to areas as necessary through, for example, liaison with and introduction of the business to subject matter experts to allow them to provide guidance.
- Ensure business managers understand the issues and their ownership of compliance, to enable resolution of any issues identified through relevant actions.
- Pro-actively develop appropriate relationships with managers, so that amongst other things there is further development of personal understanding of the business and the programme.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have at least 6 years' regulatory compliance experience with strong knowledge of APAC global markets regulation with higher preference to candidate that has sounding knowledge of FICC (FX, Rates, Commodities) market. Familiarity with market data vendors (Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.) is a plus.
Your current/ previous working experience from big4 (financial services), compliance audit, compliance testing, global markets compliance will lead you to success in this role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Charlene directly on +852 2230 7933 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position with compliance, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.