Today I have been instructed by a long standing client of mine to support with the recruitment of a Senior Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis to be located in the Andover area.
This position is an ideal opportunity for an experienced accountant to gain further development in the areas of Financial accountancy and reporting. The position requires fundamental knowledge of accounting functions and flexibility combined with accuracy and a sound practical approach.
Reporting directly to the International Group Controller you wil have full responsibiliy fo rthe following;
* Responsibility for the integrity and management of accounting ledgers.
* Be responsible for producing monthly financial accounts package within 5 working days according to US GAAP rules.
* Perform Inter-company reconciliations, Bank reconciliations, Balance sheet analysis, P&L Analysis, Fixed Asset accounting, Payroll reconciliations as required
* Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
* Review internal control procedures (for SOX compliance) and assist with internal audits.
* Assist in the preparation of local Statutory accounts, annual Corporation Tax computations and be a point of contact for the external auditors
* Perform a key role in the preparation and compilation of annual budgets and forecasts
* Prepare monthly bookings for a variety of entities
* Provide key analysis and reconciliations to support the Group Controller International across a wide range of entities and jurisdictions
* Provide administrative support and progress updates for Projects involving Group Controller International including items such as acquisition integration, ERP implementation, New Product Introductions
* Any other duties as requested.
The successful candidate must be fully qualified with CIMA/ACCA/ACCA qualifications and have at least 3 years experience within a financial position. You wil also need;
* Good interpersonal skills with experience of working in a diverse environment
* U.S. GAAP knowledge an advantage
* Experience of Oracle is an advantage
Personal competencies need to include;
* Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly, using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information.
* Strives to learn new skills and broaden knowledge and abilities.
* Takes a proactive approach to anticipating and preventing problems. When problems occur, defines the problem, investigates obstacles, and analyses alternative solutions.
* Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work, and takes step to correct mistakes and improve the overall product.
* Works on projects as part of a team, exchanging ideas and contributing skills that complement those of the other team members. Fulfils commitments to team members.
If this is the role for you, email me at to discuss the role further.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.