We are delighted to be able to support our Client, a leading Educational Establishment, with their search for a Payroll Officer. This post will be based in Wythenshawe.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business that is experiencing rapid growth and is fast becoming very established in the Education sector. If you don't currently hold your CIPP qualification, this business will look at funding your study towards this so you will have the chance to become CIPP Qualified.
Duties will include:
- Payroll Administration
- End to end high volume payroll (dealing with leavers, new starters & pay calculations)
- Processing all payroll changes into the system in line with processes & procedures. Ensuring all payroll information is processed accurately & on time, whilst providing a high quality & compliant payroll service
- Validation of payroll changes input by colleagues
- Process statutory leave in accordance with HMRC legislations & contractual entitlements
- Process & validate statutory deductions including PAYE Tax, National Insurance & Attachment of Earnings orders
- Complete all HMRC updates of tax codes, student loans and NI numbers via download from HMRC online and import into payroll system
Experience / Qualifications required:
- Experience of iTrent payroll system
- Someone with a Payroll background who can navigate their way around iTrent
- Hands-on individual who is prepared to get stuck in, be challenged, make a valuable contribution and take personal accountability for their work
- Experience of end to end Payroll & good understanding of processing large volume payrolls with direct employee contact
- Payroll experience gained within a Shared Service Centre environment would be preferable
- Pension knowledge would be a bonus but not essential
- Conversant with Excel & other Microsoft packages, particularly MS Excel Gross to net manual pay calculations
- Experience of working in Education would be ideal but not necessary
- AAT Qualified - desirable
- Customer Service experience / customer focused ethos
- Good understanding of PAYE, NIC & statutory payments
- Experience of P11d's and end of year reporting
- High levels of accuracy & attention to detail
This role is paying a salary of £20,000 - £26,000 + Local Government Pension + 26 days holiday + bank holidays + Retail discounts.
They work 37 hours per week with core hours of 9am - 4:30pm.
My Client would ideally like someone to start ASAP. It will be a 2 stage interview process and they can interview immediately. If you're interested, please send me your CV by 5:30pm on Thursday 19th July.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.