IS Business Analyst Apprentice
Start your tech career with one of the largest companies in the world!
Our client is a professional services and investment management firm specialising in real estate. They help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
If you're looking to step up your career, our client is the perfect professional home. At the company, you'll have a chance to innovate with the world's leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game–changing real estate initiatives. You'll also make long–lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you'll be inspired by the best. They're focused on opportunity and they want to help you make the most of yours.
They are looking for a IS Business Analyst Apprentice for their Development and Delivery Services business line. The primary objective of the role is to undertake template authoring as part of a report generation project across the Valuation and Building Consultancy business lines. The Document Generation Analyst will work primarily with the business and project team to understand existing templates and work to design, configure and deliver automated report templates that meet the business needs. The successful candidate will be trained as an Exari DocGen Template Author, enabling them to become a system specialist within the team.
- Analyse document templates to identify the component parts and apply logic to translate that into a system interview that end users follow to produce documents.
- Undertake template authoring using the Exari DocGen Power Author application.
- Undertake comprehensive testing of outputs to ensure correct formatting and content.
- Document any errors identified during testing, and resolve errors that are assigned.
- Working with third party developers to ensure any enhancements or functionality delivered is fit for purpose.
- Participate in client sessions to define business requirements and priorities.
- Support the elicitation and documentation of business and system requirements via User Stories.
- Develop an understanding of the company's products and solution set.
- Maintain knowledge of developments, features and capabilities of the application (Exari DocGen).
- Investigating with IT team, new formats and technologies for delivering business solutions to the user community.
- Creation of ad hoc materials (screenshot, story board, QRG, demo) for Project Team or stakeholders.
- Assisting with the production of training material for new systems/processes.
- Develop & maintain relationships with key stakeholders, product groups and third party vendors.
To be a IS Business Analyst Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast, needing to have completed a level 3 qualification, such as A–levels or relevant BTEC. You will also need 5 GCSEs (A* – C) including Maths, English and a Science and Technology subject.
This company are looking for someone with these skills and personal qualities.
- Strong knowledge of common IT infrastructure concepts, technologies & operation.
- Requirements definition and management.
- Product experience desirable but not essential as training will be provided (Argus Enterprise, Exari)
- Microsoft tools, including Office Suite and MS Project.
- Strong communication skills; excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational skills required
- Strong problem–solving skills
- Team working and co–operation, including dispersed/virtual teams, including the use of collaboration tools.
- Managing self and relationships with others
- Self–motivation and commitment to deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical thinking and judgement.
- Ability to learn and use new technologies.
- Ability to prioritise workload and juggle multiple tasks
- Ability to use independent judgement, when necessary and be assertive within parameters of the role
- Experience working with IT systems and databases in a similar role
- Experience working with global corporates would be an advantage
- Experience of delivering document generation, and productivity tools such as workflow, timesheets, and document management would be an advantage
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other Apprenticeships we have available.
This 18 month Apprenticeship has a salary of GBP18,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT & Skills Team Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 4 IT qualifications such as;
- IS Business Analyst standard
Their Total Rewards program reflects their commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. They will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of GBP52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
AFTER THE APPRENTICESHIP
Over 90% of our Apprentices move on to permanent full time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level Apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick–start their tech and digital careers with an Apprenticeship.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Apply now to Just IT and we will review your application. If you are suitable for an Apprenticeship we will be in contact to discuss this opportunity.