Senior Financial Analyst
Responsible for budgeting and forecasting, some transactional accounting, reporting and analysis of support functions costs.Collaborate with support function managers to ensure accurate forecasting and budgeting. Provide relevant insightful information to identify trends that will impact near–term operating results and help predict future financial outcomes, hence assisting the business with decision–making.
- Prepare annual business plan and quarterly forecasts for assigned functional areas.
- Prepare special financial reports and/or perform special projects to improve efficiencies and performance, as assigned by management.
- Prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities, on occasion.
- Provide insightful reports and analysis on a monthly basis to explain variances against budgets and forecast that is accurate, comprehensive and credible to help the leadership teams understand and manage the business.
- Collaborate with customers (e.g., Logistic Site Managers) with regards to financial results and serve as the first point–of–contact for issues and questions.
- Participate in external audit processes, such as providing explanations and reports and investigating any issues.
- Work closely with Finance and Accounting team during month–end close to ensure smooth and timely financial close, analysis and reporting for assigned functional areas.
- Work closely with business leaders to identify and manage changes in the business.
- Research (including review of accounting transactions) and prepare variance analysis and explanations for assigned functional areas.
- Assist with the new business process and work with Finance and Business Managers.
- Manage cost allocation process for assigned functional areas.
- Initiate and prepare capital expenditure requests according to company policy for assigned functional areas.
- Cross–train as back–ups for other staff in the case of crises.
- Identify trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinate with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service and tangible outputs. Rely on industry standards, best practices, and qualitative & quantitative data to support and/or refine methodologies.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned, including overnight and/or international travel (when requested).
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with targeted financial planning and analysis and other related areas.
- Previous accounting or financial analysts with a blend of experiences including accounting and operations/commercial support roles.
- Experience with SAP and BPC preferred.
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting item weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls.
- Good general business acumen.
- High standards relative to character and personal integrity.
- Ability to deliver innovative solutions.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization, and with external vendors and regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills with the ability to swiftly shift approach based on audience.
- Ability to communicate complex issues/solutions in a manner that is easily understood and actionable despite the audience.
- Ability to perform well within a fast–paced, deadline–driven and team–oriented environment that requires the management of multiple projects at once, without compromising quality and service levels.
- Ability to operate and influence at a strategic level, maintain composure and professionalism, deliver results, despite organizational noise.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of extremely sensitive data at all times.
- Must have strong analytical skills, ability to work independently, have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills and pay specific attention to details.