Mechanical Engineer - Spring Gully & Denison Asset
- 9-month limited term contract
- Brisbane office based role
- Application close date: 15th July 2018
Origin - Australia's Leading Integrated Energy Company
An integral part of Australia's energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is continuing to invest in gas exploration and production, as well as developing and operating a world-class CSG production business, through Australia Pacific LNG. A leading producer of CSG in Queensland, with growing reserves and new gas exploration interests around Australia, we are seeking the right candidate to become part of the team that's meeting growing demand for energy, and searching for tomorrow's energy solutions.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Mechanical Engineer to join the Spring Gully and Denison Asset team as part of the new Integrated Gas asset-led structure on a 9-month limited term contract.
Working with a multidisciplinary engineering services team, you will play a key role in helping to ensure the safe and efficient operation, maintenance, reliability and improvement of surface facilities within the asset.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Prepare, co-ordinate and implement plans for the installation or modification of equipment to enhance operational effectiveness
- Ensure compliance to standards including liaising with engineers and other relevant personnel, reviewing plans/designs and making recommendations on equipment modifications, designs and specifications, sourcing and procuring new equipment
- Install, commission and test new equipment and monitoring operation and rectifying faults if required
- Ensure compliance with the Management of Change process
- Ensure procured items are of appropriate design and quality by providing appropriate assurance
- Lead upgrade and modification projects (as Project Manager) through the whole project cycle following the Deliver Projects Process
The successful candidate for this role will be someone who can combine strong technical ability, excellent relationship building skills and project management knowledge. You will be someone who can embrace the Origin values and demonstrate ways of working as one team; being a customer champion; caring about our impact; finding a better way; and being accountable.
Key skills and experience include:
- Mechanical Engineering degree and 5+ years' experience
- Sound knowledge of engineering to support the reliability, integrity and maintenance of facilities associated with the operation of assets in the O&G industry, including refineries, gas facilities or other similar heavy industries
- Demonstrated experience in failure analysis, asset integrity strategies, operations and maintenance troubleshooting
- Project management experience and RPEQ qualification are highly regarded
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Make an impact on Australia's energy future
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
Our story | Origin Energy
Job Requisition ID: 65817