KPMG in Bermuda is a firm of approximately 220 professionals delivering audit, tax and advisory services to a myriad of local and international companies, mostly in the financial services sector. Our practice is built on our professionalism, enthusiasm and the quality of the services we provide to our clients. KPMG helps businesses address the most complex challenges by drawing on resources and skills across its global network. We are looking for people who will support us in maintaining our reputation as a leader in professional services both in Bermuda and globally.
Working closely with managers and partners you will be responsible for all aspects of the audit process, from planning through to completion. You will gain significant practical US GAAP/ SEC/SOX experience which will be supported by an extensive in-house training program.
These positions require mature, self-motivated individuals who are well organised, hard working, enthusiastic and professional. Candidates must demonstrate they are capable of working with a minimum of supervision and be able to cope with demanding situations that require the ability to multi-task on a daily basis. This is a highly demanding environment with very tight reporting deadlines; therefore the willingness and capacity to work overtime at short notice is essential.
A Qualified Accountant in the Audit department must have the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in audit for a public accounting firm
- Exam-qualified with a recognized accounting institute (such as ACA, CPA, CA and ACCA); first time passes are preferable
- Strong in-charge experience acting as lead Senior on audits of at least $10 million in revenues
- First class written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills to produce and review complex financial reports and proposals
- Exceptional people skills with the ability to work with clients and staff of all levels
- A high degree of competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook