Business Intelligence-Finance Analyst
SEEKING: BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE – FINANCE ANALYST
Genesis Capital is one of the largest private money lenders in the country, focused on providing commercial real estate financing solutions to real estate developers who buy, renovate, and sell single–family residential real estate and/or multi–family apartment buildings. Genesis is a 100% subsidiary of Goldman Sachs (parent company), a global leader in financial services and investment management.
The Business Intelligence – Finance Analyst will report to the Information Technology and Analytics department but will be dedicated to the Finance function with dotted line reporting to the Controller, the SVP of Finance, and the CFO.
This position will play a key role in creating & managing Business Intelligence Financial Datamarts, owning & governing key financial metrics, measuring, analyzing, and accurately reporting the profitability of the firm's loan originations and lending portfolio. Critical success factors include the following: building, maintaining, mining and extraction of data from the firm's data warehouses, timely and accurately reporting of internal and external financial information to key stakeholders, meeting the firm's financial control obligations, assisting with forecasting and FP&A, and ad hoc reporting needs as directed by management.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify opportunities to simplify and automate existing manual processes
- Assist in technical design, build, ETL, management & governance of financial data warehouse
- Prepare daily reconciliations based on data from the Loan Origination System (LOS), the subservicer, treasury/cash transactions, and parent company records
- Develop tracking and reporting of daily, loan–level unpaid principle balance for the loan portfolio
- Coordinate regularly with finance team members and parent company stakeholders to ensure proper controls are maintained
- Provide insights into loan–level and portfolio–level performance by translating detailed loan performance characteristics from a variety of data sources into formats that are easily consumed by financial and non–financial managers
- Contribute meaningfully to the month–end close process by taking ownership of key tasks as designated by the Controller and/or SVP Finance
- Obtain supplementary information for preparing financial statements
- Enhance the FP&A function by developing portfolio forecasts based on loan–level and product–level characteristics, including accurate forecasting of loan duration (estimating payoffs, paydowns, extensions, etc.) and average loan amounts
- Assist management in the finance, operations, and IT departments in the development & governance of key performance indicators and key financial metrics, helping to drive a culture focused on ROAA and ROAE
- Provide ad hoc reporting, analysis, and special projects as required by management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or IT
- Minimum 2–5+ years' experience in investment fund accounting
- SQL, Power BI and database management experience
- Project planning experience with high technical aptitude
- Some programming experience preferred
- Advanced Excel proficiency required
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Organized and professional
- Analytical and problem–solving skills
- Professionals in this function need to have an analytical mindset and be highly responsive
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity, and be able to work in a data–driven environment as a part of the IT and Analytics team while partnering closely with finance managers
- The idea candidate will be comfortable working outside of his or her comfort zone
- Deadline–driven, team–oriented, and detail–attentive
- Above all, integrity and a solutions–oriented work ethic are essential
This company offers a tremendous potential for growth from within. Compensation commensurate with experience, plus benefits. Apply today! Please reply to this ad with your resume, references and salary history.Company Description Genesis Capital is one of the largest private money lenders in the country, focused on providing commercial real estate financing solutions to real estate developers who buy, renovate, and sell single–family residential real estate and/or multi–family apartment buildings. Genesis is a 100% subsidiary of Goldman Sachs (parent company), a global leader in financial services and investment management.