Hours: 37 hours
Job title: Senior Accountant
Team: Adult Care and Support Finance Team
We are looking for a qualified accountant who combines technical precision with strategic insights, to deliver financial support to complex adult social care budgets, and support the Directorate to deliver on its transformation agenda. You will join our well regarded, customer focused team where you will be able to play a key role in supporting Solihull to deliver care to its’ vulnerable residents.
Our Financial Operations Division are proud of our proven track record of delivering an excellent service. As a CIPFA platinum accredited employer, our approach to maintaining a three Year Medium Term Financial Strategy has been held up as good practice nationally and for a number of years we have achieved External Audit reports with no recommendations for improvement.
As a Senior Accountant here at Solihull, you will act as the finance lead in the delivery of specific projects and programmes, providing professional financial advice to a combination of Solihull MBC Chief Officers, Senior Managers and Budget holders. You will help deliver a challenging savings agenda whilst managing a financial team to deliver tangible outcomes.
You will be:
- A qualified Accountant (current member of the CCAB or CIMA)
- Experienced of managing / supervising a financial team
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the priorities for adult social care
- Able to demonstrate excellent financial management skills
- An excellent communicator
In return, as well as being part of a friendly well managed and motivated team, we will also provide you with good opportunities for continued professional development.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including Childcare Vouchers and a staff discount card
We have opportunities for two 12 month fixed term opportunities to provide cover for a team members’ secondment, and to give additional capacity to the team while we implement a new care management system.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Caroline Potter, Finance Manager, on 0121 704 8333.
Interview Date: Thursday 2nd August 2018
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is not required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Standard Check on entry into profession only.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.