Business Analyst (part-time), Employee Benefits
GCG Financial, LLC is seeking a top performing professional to serve as a part–time Business Analyst on our Employee Benefits team. This person must excel in analyzing data and producing reports, while working collaboratively with the Employee Benefits team.
The GCG team is founded on 3 core principles: TRUSTED, SMART, and PASSIONATE. These key attributes apply to each one of our dynamic employees, and our team as a whole.
As a GCG Financial team member, you would carry out responsibilities that rely heavily on your ability to advocate for each unique client. Our clients trust us to work on their behalf with their needs and priorities in mind.
As an industry–leading firm, GCG Financial consistently presents innovative, unique solutions to each of our valued clients. GCG is an Alera Group company, giving our clients national resources and expertise with local, personalized touch.
We're passionate about meeting our clients' benefits plan needs. It's our firmly–held belief that our success is measured by the strength of our relationships, and it's vital that our team members carry that same passion and zeal.
As a trusted, smart, and passionate GCG team member, you would be asked to do the following:
This position leverages a passion for detail, data and analysis, to partner with the commissions and employee benefits team to maintain records and produce meaningful reports and information.
- Assist the commissions team in day–to–day operations:
- Post incoming commission statements for Employee Benefits revenue
- Research unapplied and misapplied commission and customer payments
- Create and maintain client invoices for all agency billed accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain and reconcile monthly accounts payable chargebacks
- Work with licensing coordinator to effectively manage incoming statements for non–licensed Advisors
- Enter and maintain information into our Agency Management System (AMS)
- Extract, compile and analyze data to produce actionable information and ensure adherence to established policies and procedures:
- Audit and identify inconsistencies, exceptions or errors in the AMS, and work with the Employee Benefits team to rectify identified items
- Prepare and distribute new business production reports
- Prepare and distribute accounting reports for advisors on incoming revenue
- Support the employee benefits leadership team in the audit and analysis of data, and projects or systems implementations pertaining to the aggregation and best practices of the data
Support special projects, and contribute ideas to help streamline day–to–day activities, bringing outside ideas and efficiencies to the team.
Proficiency in MS Excel, with intermediate understanding and practical application of formulas, functions, pivot tables and charts required.
Basic to intermediate understanding of statistical mathematics required
Basic to intermediate understanding of employee benefits preferred
Highly organized and detail oriented
Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with little or no supervision
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Enjoys working in, and actively helps to support and cultivate, a collaborative team atmosphere
Ability to multi–task and shift priorities as necessary with high sense of urgency
Strong relationship management skills and excellent customer service skills
Undergraduate college degree preferred
Accounting degree preferred
GCG Financial, LLC, is a founding partner of Alera Group which was created by the merging of 24 high–performing, entrepreneurial firms making it the 7th largest privately held Employee Benefits firm in the nation. Alera Group's unique business model is motivated by the desire to find a better way to serve clients nationally without losing the independent thinking and values of our founding firms. The organization has $158 million in annual revenues and more than 750 employees in 40 offices across 15 states.
We welcome applicants to apply by first completing our brief culture index assessment where you will also be prompted to upload your resume to the link provided,Company Description GCG Financial, LLC, is a founding partner of Alera Group which was created by the merging of 24 high–performing, entrepreneurial firms making it the 7th largest privately held Employee Benefits firm in the nation. Alera Group's unique business model is motivated by the desire to find a better way to serve clients nationally without losing the independent thinking and values of our founding firms. The organization has $158 million in annual revenues and more than 750 employees in 40 offices across 15 states.