Head of Research Assurance
3 days left
- Part time
The purpose of the Head of Research Assurance is to undertake the development of financial policy, costing policy, funding terms compliance, management information reporting and systems and process development.
The post holder will play a critical role in c£150m of research activity per annum at a net cost of c£30m.
The Role is with a leading education provider, well-known as an international powerhouse of learning, discovery and enterprise. The institution is dedicated to it's cutting edge academic achievement across a broad range of disciplines, supporting both individual scholarship and interdisciplinary or thematic research of the highest quality.
Their vision is to ensure that their research and education contribute to regional and national society and the economy by working hard to build effective links with the community and its industries.
Engaging with the public is part of their core business and is integral to research and teaching that is grounded in societal need and that promotes lifelong learning.
Provision of strategic financial assurance on all aspects of research activity and other new business;
Lead with costing and pricing, and funding assurance, projects and activities;
Maintain and develop the methodology for facility costing;
To provide professional advice and recommendations to members of the Faculty Finance Teams and the Academic community;
Oversee the preparation of Research reporting of research activity analysed between types of sponsor, types and income, school and faculty;
To identify the most appropriate costing methodology and cost recovery system relating to external research sponsors;
Responsible for establishing and leading the financial parameters for grant bidding activity, grant accounting policy and procedures, training;
Conduct Research performance analysis and trends of both individuals and Schools;
Responsible for providing financial guidance, support and also ensuring compliance relating to the submission of financial claims and invoices to external funding bodies;
To work with the internal and external auditors to ensure that a professional service is provided;
Effective management and development of staff within the team;
Develop/improve the capability of staff within work area, motivating and mentoring them to better meet the current and future requirements of services delivery;
- Highly developed knowledge of the principles, theory and practice of business partnering
- Significant experience in a similar role providing financial advisory and management reporting services
- In depth knowledge of current Accounting Standards
- Experience of working with and influencing senior management
- Ability to manage a large workload and deliver to tight timescales
- People management skills and experience
- Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- CCAB Qualification, preferably ACA,
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Audit experience desirable
- Excellent IT skills, including expert MS Excel and good MS Word ability
- Knowledge of UK HE full economic costing is desirable
- Knowledge of external research and funding terms and conditions, in particular, EU funding rules is desirable
£40,000 - £50,000 + benefits
Monday - Friday
35 hour working week