Assistant Management Accountant
Operating as a Special Purpose Company (SPC), this joint venture between 2 leading Construction/PFI groups aims to provide the construction & infrastructure for a new generation of transport across the UK. Having successfully completed phase 1 of this complex project, the business is now tasked with delivering the design, construction, finance & maintenance of the next phase of the programme. The group is currently seeking a part–qualified accountant to undertake an Assistant Management Accountant role providing support to the Finance Manager and Finance Director. A broad brief includes:
- Prepare monthly project management accounts, providing commentary on variances against budget;
- Update and manage rolling 18–month cash flow forecast;
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts;
- Prepare delivery and operating reports for Lenders;
- Manage and monitor cash held, place funds on deposit to maximise returns to Shareholders;
- Raise Operating invoices to clients and ensure funds received on time;
- Prepare payments to Suppliers and Lenders and ensure paid on time;
- Update and distribute weekly finance report;
- Manage Trial Balance, including prepayments and accruals, prepare and post journals;
- Prepare year–end audit files and assist with preparation of statutory accounts;
- Prepare monthly VAT returns;
- Prepare monthly CIS returns;
As a part–qualified accountant or someone seeking to study for an accounting qualification, you will be seeking to develop your existing technical accounting expertise within a commercial business environment. The role demands strong technical accounting and reporting skills, the ability to balance several projects simultaneously and the gravitas to build robust relationships with key stakeholders. A professional attitude, self–motivated approach and excellent interpersonal skills are prerequisite. This company operate as a SME so a flexible approach and willingness to be involved in all aspects is important.
Harcourt Matthews is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Our divisions include HR – Human Resources & Personnel; Project Management & PMO; IT – Information Technology; Pfi/PPP & FM; Procurement & Purchasing; Sales & Marketing; Accounting & Finance.