CopperChem Limited is an innovative Australian copper and gold mining company, producing copper sulphate and copper concentrate.
CopperChem's primary operation is located approximately 5km south-east of the township of Cloncurry, in north-west Queensland, Australia. However additional projects are commencing around Australia in the future with a head office in Brisbane.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be a hands on manager responsible for implementing an incident and accident free work culture as well as developing and implementing a safety strategy that aligns with the direction of Copperchem Ltd.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the overarching Safety policies and procedures, including a Safety Management System aligned to AS: 4801.
- Engage with our service providers and their subcontractors to monitor their Safety and Training performance to ensure they are meeting their Safety and Training obligations in accordance to their approved Safety and Training Management Plans
- Leading, Coaching and Mentoring of the Safety Team.
- Review and updating of the project specific Safety management plan and construction risk assessments
- Reporting on all Safety matters to the Executive team including weekly and monthly summary reports
- Corporate Policy, Management Plan, Critical Control Development
- Audit Safety practices and processes, identifying key areas for improvement and manage improvement initiatives onsite
- Leading serious incident investigation teams and ensuring investigation time frames are met; and Preparing the site for external audits and managing the onsite internal audit processes.
- Carry out risk management programs and coordinate proactive awareness and solutions.
- Occupational Health Matters, Workers Compensation and Injury Management
- Ensure a safety culture is cultivated company wide.
- Coordinate training programs to ensure a culture of continuous assessment improvement is maintained.
- Conduct and report on relevant compliance audits.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications;
- 10+ years experience at a Senior level
- Demonstrated experience in achieving improvement in Safety performance at a site level
- Proven safety record, good communication skills
- Knowledge of statutory laws and regulation governing metallifious mining;
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team of Health and Safety professionals
- This is an exciting new residential role providing the opportunity to work with a well-established strong and growing company
If you would like to be considered for this position click on the apply now button.(image)
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below.