Head of Internal Audit
Superb opportunity for a HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT to join this growing privately owned business in the Midlands. Very entrepreneurial business with a turnover in excess of £3 billion. Working directly with the Chief Executive, you will be at the forefront of the business and be involved in commercial decision making.
Growing privately owned business in the Midlands.
The function of Internal Audit and Risk Management at this organisation is to provide assurance to the Group Board as to the effectiveness of internal control and that major risks are being identified, evaluated and controlled. The role holder is accountable for identifying risks, ensuring that stakeholders mitigate risks and put adequate controls in place and monitor the effectiveness of these controls through an effective internal audit plan. To identify control weaknesses and inefficiencies and drive action to improve business performance.
This company has a weak control environment relative to equivalent organisations of their size. The role holder will be responsible for building a financial audit programme that reflects the heightened risks and also for inspiring transformation of the control environment of the organisation. The role will work closely with the CFO and also report into the Audit Committee Chair.
Lead Internal Audit
To lead the Internal Audit team and build a robust Internal Audit function
- Build a best in class Internal Audit function
- Role model good governance and risk management in everything they do
- Develop the team and acts as a sponsor for group wide finance talent planning
- Ownership of the team audit programme
- Ensure team are working to stretching objectives at all times
- Identify and source training requirements and ensure appropriate coaching / development is provided
- Challenge the whole team to create a yearly engagement plan which presents milestones for team members to take ownership for their own work satisfaction
- Act as a member of the Group Finance Leadership Team
Internal Audit & Controls
Coordinate a comprehensive control review programme
- Develop and direct a comprehensive program of audit assignments covering internal controls, risk management process and regulatory compliance. The Audit Plan should cover all activities of the Group and be prioritised based on a risk assessment, commercial value and the business priorities of the Group. Ensure that the audit approach contributes to improving business performance through reduced risk, greater efficiency, lower costs and enhanced revenue opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with the Board, Executive and senior managers to discuss their needs and ensure that these are reflected in the Audit Plan. Ensure annual audit plans have contingencies built in, to provide unexpected audits in response to emerging priorities as required.
- Maintain a continuous and effective working relationship with the Audit Committee, the Executive and Senior Management to deal with current and emerging issues and trends relating to the improvement of internal controls, governance and risk management processes within the Group.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of the latest techniques and professional audit standards.
- Advise management on new developments that affect control and provide solutions in a proactive manner.
- Work with the Head of Finance Transformation to prioritise and follow through on control recommendations.
Excellent package on offer.