Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable Clerk
- The main purpose of the Purchase Ledger Clerk within the accounts team is to ensure the effective and efficient management of the supplier process, to manage supplier expectation through good communication and to ensure that purchasing costs are recognised in a timely fashion.
ROLE IN DETAIL
- The timely and accurate presentation of invoices and credit notes to management for payment authorisation.
- The timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices, credit notes and any other authorised transaction into the accounts payable ledger.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Resolving any issues regarding supplier invoices such as coding, pricing etc.
- Identification and resolution of supplier queries
- Communication with suppliers in respect of payments and queries.
- The timely and accurate filing of all processed transactions as described above.
- The preparation of period–end reports.
- Other ad hoc tasks such as stationary orders.
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential.
- Experience in SAP or similar accounting systems would be beneficial although not mandatory
- Excel & Word skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Flexible and a team player
- Professional, with a collaborative nature
- Able to manage a diverse workload
- Pro–active approach
- Excellent attention to detail, quality and accuracy
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to clearly communicate in a professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to deal effectively with both colleagues and suppliers.
- A strong desire to effect continuous improvements to the systems and processes that are within the scope of the role as defined.