Accounts Payable Clerk
Description: Under the leadership of the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Accounts Payable Specialist II & III plays a vital role in the timely and accurate processing of all types of invoices, statement reconciliation, maintaining positive relationships with vendors, and preparing various reports. The ideal candidate will:
- Develop relationships with the Finance and Purchasing team members, company managers and supervisors and other office staff that create and support an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
- Work with vendors to resolve questions or concerns, as well as negotiate favorable payment terms when applicable.
- Assist in all department activities including coordinating daily and weekly check runs, preparing complex analysis and filing all paperwork.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the company's accounts payable processes, increasing accuracy and quality, while reducing cost and time.
- Have at least 5–10 years experience in a high volume, fast paced environment. Previous construction, manufacturing, and distribution experience are each strong pluses.
- Have proven effectiveness in a complex, dynamically growing, multi–site environment.
- Have the skills and experience appropriate for the role, but you don't rest on them. You continually learn, constantly grow, and devote yourself to ongoing personal and company improvement.
- Technologically fluent. You have intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft applications. You have experience using an ERP system.
- 5 Year experience with SAP system.
- Be a problem solver. You identify problems promptly, gather information skillfully, and resolve problems in a timely manner. You are decisive and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.