Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
- Create and design specifications as requested by management units.
- Liaise with consultants and managers to document business processes effectively.
- Conducts requirement gathering meetings using any number of techniques (I.E.: JAD, questionnaires, 1 on 1 interviews, brainstorming, etc)
- Ensure that various appropriate infrastructure elements, including documents, periodicals, manuals, policy documents, etc. are kept up to date and are available.
- Create and develop functional requirements of systems to improve quality, performances, external interfaces, and constraints.
- Is able to work with external clients and explain data file formats and explain/understand how their data can and could be mapped into internal systems.
- Is able to work with technical teams to assist in data mapping to feed into an ETL process
- Carryout analysis of requirements by checking for derived requirements that are logical to customers' requests.
- Outline requirement specifications with the use of standard templates for both use cases and detailed software.
- Manage requirements and ensure they are stored in internal systems.
- Create and manage requirements traceability information and record requirements status in the course of the project.
- Monitor changes to baseline requirements with the use of effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Make contributions in the development of Test Plans and Test Scripts, and also perform test execution as required.
- Assist in maintaining a positive team environment by providing feedback and assisting other employees where needed and building strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Must be able to travel when required
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Has 4+ years working in the position as a Business Analyst
- Professional, accurate, clear and concise verbal and written communications
- Detailed and thorough
- Self–driven with the ability to work independently
- Resolution driven in timely manner
- Advanced skills using MS Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Has 4+ years working with various methodologies – waterfall, rup, scrum, etc.
- Currently certified as a Business Analyst from the IIBA – preferred
- Associates degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Healthcare, Accounting or any related field from an accredited institution – preferred