Finance Analyst - TS/SCI
The Finance Manager manages the general accounting functions and financial analysis for budgets and schedules for the company.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Manages the activities of general accounting functions.
- Oversees the financial analysis of budgets and schedules for assigned business area.
- Interprets and formulates financial methods and procedures for business area established goals.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and other practices set forth by upper management directives.
- Develops, implements and administers financial records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and government regulations.
- Oversees the planning and controlling of financial analysis activities to ensure uniform reporting and analysis.
- Develops and administers cost accounting and financial management systems.
- Evaluates potential of investment and divestitures as well as general outlook.
- Formulates and administers financial projections and preparation of cash flow forecast of assigned business area to ensure that financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business.
- Coordinates, negotiates and resolves financial compliance issues with various government agencies to ensure accurate interpretation of contract requirements.
- Manages month end close contract invoicing, financial analysis projects and statistical studies.
- Assists with development of assigned contract long range planning financial programs in accordance with objectives for growth and profitability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of accounting that includes spreadsheets and relational databases programs for data processing techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of United States Government Accounting practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of Deltek and PeopleSoft preferred.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related area.
- Eight (8) years' progressively responsible experience in accounting and/or finance. Prefer at least three (3) years in government finance.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Generally works in normal office environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions
- Office environment. Some positions will be assigned to overseas locations where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.