Accounts Payable I
This position is responsible for compiling and maintaining accounts payable records by performing a variety of responsibilities as listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Batch and prepare electronic/hard–copy vendor invoices for import or scan into Accounts Payable workflow process.
- Utilize Kofax Capture optical character recognition software platform to validate and input pertinent invoice data.
- Execute basic research functions within SAP software.
- Execute intermediate functions within electronic Accounts Payable workflow software (VIM). Experience with OpenText workflow applications a plus.
- Create/update Microsoft Excel files.
- Facilitate and research AP inquiries from plant locations and outside vendors.
- Responsible for various AP related functions including supporting the 1099 function, vendor maintenance requirements, processing invoices outside of VIM and all payment related functions (Check, ACH, Wire) including the voiding of checks in SAP.
- Print, file and maintain all accounts payable documents and reports.
- Assist in monthly closings as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with AP policies and procedures and adhering to company DOA (delegation of authority).
- Cross train with the Accounts Receivable (AR) Department as required. This includes any job requirements included in the corresponding AR Clerk job description as well as compliance with all AR related policies and procedures.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description, and any other job responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Westlake Company policies and procedures.
- Experience in high–volume, fast–paced Accounts Payable environments in which daily performance expectations are assigned and measured.
- A strong concentration on accuracy, efficiency, and continuous improvement.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with teammates, vendors, and internal customers.
- The ability to effectively prioritize workloads and maintain an organized workspace.
- The ability to reliably commit to consistent attendance during specified work hours.
- Overtime may be required in accordance with standard accounting cycle deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent. Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two–year college or technical school, preferred; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to our clients and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers