Accounts Payable Supervisor
The Supervisor of Accounts Payable assists the Director of Accounting in the completion of various daily and monthly accounts payable processes performed to ensure timely and accurate processing and reporting of accounts payable transactions to the general ledger. The supervisor will also provide daily supervision of accounts payable staff, as needed.
Key Responsibilities & Major Accountabilities
- Execute accounts payable policies and controls, business processes, and use of accounting systems to meet the company's accounting requirements
- Manage month–end accounts payable close processes, including reconciliations and accruals; resolving related issues in a timely manner.
- Review accounts payable transactions for completeness, reasonableness, and accuracy.
- Ensure TGI Friday's employees and outsourced service provider are knowledgeable of accounts payable processes, including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, issue resolution, vendor creation, invoice processing, disbursement processing, corporate credit card administration, and expense reporting.
- Collaborate and build proactive, positive relationships with peers, managers, outside vendors and outsource service provider to ensure best practices and consistency within processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field.
- 5–7 years of progressive accounting experience with in–depth knowledge of accounts payable and T&E processes.
- Solid general accounting knowledge and experience including journal entry processing, account reconciliations, and issue resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team of accounts payable professionals.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, document, and maintain business processes, best business practices, and policies and guidelines.
- Strong user of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel