Head of Finance
The role will allow you to run the finance function of a PE backed publisher and get involved with both the strategy of the business as well as the day-to-day running of finance. With ambitious growth plans, the role will evolve as the business continues to grow.
My client was founded on the conviction that the intelligent mass still value focused, high-quality content, expertly produced and beautifully designed.My clients DNA is based around passionately searching for 'information gaps' that allow them to create premium products that educate audiences and broaden perspectives. A mixture of their Special Reports, website and custom publishing division, allows us to constantly apply serious thought and consideration as to how we successfully bring first-class publishing into the new media era.
- You will manage the financial affairs of the company
- Ensuring the company has and adheres to appropriate HR policies and procedures
- You will overseeing legal and regulatory compliance
- Supporting the directors in setting and achieving strategic goals and operational targets
- Working across departments to coordinate cross-functional communication in areas critical to the achievement of the goals set out in my clients business plan
The role also involves taking a lead on the following tasks:
- Month end budgeting and forecasting
- Preparation of quarterly board reports, briefing the board and recording its meetings
- Oversight of the production of year-end statutory accounts and audit
- HR policies and procedures, and support of line managers in recruitment and performance management
- Responsibility for data protection compliance and any other legal or regulatory requirements (although legal and HR advice is available)
- Liaison with the office building management
- You will have supervision of company expenditure to ensure that budgets are adhered to and the operations function in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Strong technical accounting skill
- Experience managing the finance function of an SME
- An understanding of the legal and regulatory environment (especially data protection)
- The ability to marry meticulous attention to detail with a feel for the bigger picture in which this small company operates
- Have the ability to identify what needs to be done and get it done, no job too small.
The opportunity to join an evolving UK magazine publisher with a competitive mix of financial and commercial exposure. The salary bracket for this role is £50,000 - £55,000