BGIS is currently seeking an Payroll Manager to join the team in the Seattle office.
Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes, and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. As part of the wider Brookfield Asset Management Group, Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions' s clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you're joining an industry–leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada's Green 30 companies since 2010.
- Defines staffing needs and position requirements.
- Trains, mentors and manages staff in affective tactics to attain team goals
- Creates performance plans, assess performance and provides performance feedback
- Develops, implements, audits and processes payroll functions.
- Manages payroll system implementations.
- Sets payroll strategies and policies
- Audits and approves the quarterly and year–end of tax returns and other regulatory requirements.
- Develops and controls all of the organization's payroll processing objectives, including relationships with internal and external auditors and state and federal agencies.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Payroll Coordinator.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of multi–state and international payroll policies and procedures required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel required.
- Ten (10) years of experience in processing and managing payroll for a large company required.
- Experience in the construction industry is preferred.
- CPP certificate preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Normal office working conditions.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.Company Description BGIS is a leading provider of real estate management services, including facilities management, project delivery services, energy and sustainability solutions, building performance management, workplace advisory and management, and real estate services. With a combined team of over 7,000 team members globally, BGIS inspires better business performance across its client's real estate portfolios by developing and implementing real estate and facilities management strategies. Globally, BGIS manages over 300 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia.
Further information is available at