Accounts Payable Specialist
Are you a highly motivated, self–starter, who likes a challenge and routinely "goes the extra mile"? Our growing company is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to become part of our team! This position is based in Boulder, CO and will be responsible for working cohesively with a team to perform day–to–day Accounts Payable duties. The candidate must have a working knowledge of accounting principles, a strong and persistent work ethic, and be very detail oriented. He or she should also possess good problem–solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong integrity, positive attitude, responsibility and reliability.
Essential Duties include:
- Provide consistently high level of quality customer service for both internal and external parties, specifically with all staff at the Corporate office, Regional Managers, Property Managers and the Senior Leadership Team
- Monitors, troubleshoots and responds to internal and external inquiries regarding accounts payable, purchase orders, invoices, and payments in a timely and professional manner
- Oversight of processing for a high volume of invoices from multiple locations and individuals
- Daily invoice routing and scanning, track invoices through billing and payment process
- Perform critical data entry functions
- Responsible for leading, reviewing and ensuring accuracy of weekly check runs
- Manage vendor invoices to avoid late fees and create solutions to prevent future late fees
- Review Accounts Payable Aging Reports on a weekly basis and resolve outstanding issues
- Facilitate resolution to vendor inquiries and any payment discrepancies
- Research statements, purchase orders and past due balances as needed
- Print and prepare vendor disbursements as necessary
- Review vendor forms for accuracy and completeness
- Resolve invoice processing issues and invoice to purchase order matching discrepancies
- Respond to incoming calls and emails and providing customer service to our vendors
- Facilitate ACH communication and banking interaction
- Credit card payments, charges & reconciliations
- Set up vendor accounts using RealPage Onesite Accounting software
- Maintain internal control processes and procedures
- Assist with proper filing and storage of A/P documents
- Assist with other accounting tasks as required
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting, finance or related field and/or equivalent level of training and education.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (with an emphasis in Excel) and integrated accounting systems.
- Experience with current accounting and purchasing programs (RealPage Onesite Accounting and OPS Technology) is a plus!
- Familiarity in multifamily property management, real estate or related fields also a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics:
The following attributes are necessary to be successful in this role:
- Ability to display a significant degree of professionalism in dealing with management, office, and property staff
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills are needed
- Advanced mathematical and deductive reasoning skills, strong analytical and problem–solving abilities, accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work independently
- Strong customer service and client communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, perform a variety of tasks, changing assignments on short notice, staying focused on detail and deadline–oriented tasks, and meet deadlines
- Maintain strict confidentiality and be reliable, punctual, and trustworthy.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full–time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 5. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Less than 5% travel is expected for this position. Local errands may be required.
Our company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance, employer–paid life insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Please respond with cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Company Description The Ferndale Realty Group is a real estate investment company focused on the acquisition and ongoing operations (through a licensed real estate company) of apartment communities throughout the United States. For more than a decade, the company and several of its affiliated companies have established a strong track record of maintaining high occupancy levels and efficiently operating and / or asset managing its apartment communities in a number of states including Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Colorado and South Carolina. The company and several of its affiliated companies are highly regarded in the apartment industry as effective operators, and the various properties in which they are involved earn high marks for their caring and professional on–site staff and their responsiveness and accessibility to both current and future residents.