An all rounded Accounts Assistant position that provides an exciting and challenging opportunity. Due to the sheer scale of the company it offers job security whilst still having the feel of a tight knit community.
The client is a global shipping company situated in East London that has a turnover over of millions of pounds a year.
The key responsibilities involve:
- Enter invoices and credit notes
- Matching invoices to purchase orders
- Comply with company procurement and purchase policies and procedures for corporate overhead purchases
- Processing of Employee expenses and advances
- Checking and processing of expense submissions against policy and VAT rules.
- Generate payments to suppliers and employees
- Initiation, agreement and processing of payment runs
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Month End reconciliations
- Standing Orders and direct debit postings through cash book
- Maintain daily cash balances
- Standing orders and Direct Debit set up and maintenance
- Set up of manual payments through Internet Banking
- Raise Manual Cheques
- Setup and maintain customers in accounting system
- Enter/raise and print sales and inter-company invoices
- Management of cash receipting
- Print customers statements
- Reconcile accounts receivable control account
- Credit control
- Conducting month-end and year-end closing procedure
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- A salary of up to £28,000
- Membership of the Company's Group Personal Pension Plan, into which the Company will contribute the equivalent of 7% of your basic salary and you will be required to contribute 3% of your salary;
- PHI - you will be automatically included in our permanent health insurance scheme, eligibility is subject to you meeting membership criteria determined by the Company and by the Insurers of the Scheme;
- Membership of the Company's Employee Assistance Programme (further details will be supplied on your first day of work);
- An interest free annual travel season ticket loan (upon satisfactory completion of your probationary period).
- Gym Membership - following completion of a successful probationary period you will be entitled to a Gym Membership subsidy in line with the guidelines contained within the Employee Handbook;
- After two years' continuous service you will be entitled to join the Company's private health care scheme (currently with BUPA) on a single member basis and subject to the rules of the scheme. The premium is paid by the Company, but please note that private medical cover is considered a taxable benefit so there will be a tax liability should you decide to join.
- Bonus scheme