7 days left
- Part time
An all rounded Accounts Assistant position that provides an exciting and challenging opportunity. Due to the sheer scale of the company it offers job security whilst still having the feel of a tight knit community.
The client is a global shipping company situated in East London that has a turnover over of millions of pounds a year.
The key responsibilities involve:
- Enter invoices and credit notes
- Matching invoices to purchase orders
- Comply with company procurement and purchase policies and procedures for corporate overhead purchases
- Processing of Employee expenses and advances
- Checking and processing of expense submissions against policy and VAT rules.
- Generate payments to suppliers and employees
- Initiation, agreement and processing of payment runs
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Month End reconciliations
- Standing Orders and direct debit postings through cash book
- Maintain daily cash balances
- Standing orders and Direct Debit set up and maintenance
- Set up of manual payments through Internet Banking
- Raise Manual Cheques
- Setup and maintain customers in accounting system
- Enter/raise and print sales and inter-company invoices
- Management of cash receipting
- Print customers statements
- Reconcile accounts receivable control account
- Credit control
- Conducting month-end and year-end closing procedure
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- A salary of up to £28,000
- Membership of the Company's Group Personal Pension Plan, into which the Company will contribute the equivalent of 7% of your basic salary and you will be required to contribute 3% of your salary;
- PHI - you will be automatically included in our permanent health insurance scheme, eligibility is subject to you meeting membership criteria determined by the Company and by the Insurers of the Scheme;
- Membership of the Company's Employee Assistance Programme (further details will be supplied on your first day of work);
- An interest free annual travel season ticket loan (upon satisfactory completion of your probationary period).
- Gym Membership - following completion of a successful probationary period you will be entitled to a Gym Membership subsidy in line with the guidelines contained within the Employee Handbook;
- After two years' continuous service you will be entitled to join the Company's private health care scheme (currently with BUPA) on a single member basis and subject to the rules of the scheme. The premium is paid by the Company, but please note that private medical cover is considered a taxable benefit so there will be a tax liability should you decide to join.
- Bonus scheme