Ward Clerk - 2 West
- 64 hours - Part Time, Fixed Term contract
- Work in a newly refurbished 2 Ward West
- New model of care providing support to Emergency Department, General Medical, Emergency General Surgery and Trauma patients
From Mid - May 2018 a new model of care will be trailed for a period of five months to support patient flow across the winter period. The refurbished Two West will operate from 07:00 - 17:30 - Monday through to Thursday.
An exciting opportunity is now available for a ward clerk to join part of the 2 West Team to support the clinical team four days per week until the 2nd of November 2018.
The new model will pull patients from the Emergency Department to support the creation of capacity and will take General Medical, Emergency General Surgery, trauma patients with isolated injuries along with patient other conditions as assessed on a case by case basis.
The successful candidate will possess outstanding interpersonal, communication and time management skills and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. You will display:
- Highly developed customer service and interpersonal skills
- Relevant clerical and administrative skills
- Concise written and verbal communication skills, including professional telephone manner
- Strong Computer skills, including accurate keyboard skills, use of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated team player
- Ability to work as a team member in a multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated initiative, accept direction as needed, ability to prioritise
- Motivation and commitment to ongoing development
We are a diverse workforce reflecting the community we care for. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of cultural diversity and social inclusion. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, and people who identify as LGBTI.