Senior Business Analyst
INSPIRATION FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY WORLD
Senior Business Analyst
Kantar Worldpanel have an exciting vacancy for a Senior Business Analyst. You will join a newly formed team, working with cutting edge technology as we seek to revolutionise data acquisition in the market research industry. This job would be ideal for an experienced Business Analyst seeking the next step, or an existing Senior/Lead Business Analyst, Product Owner, or Systems Analyst who wants to do new and interesting things. As this team grows we expect this person to take on formal management responsibilities, but from day one we will expect you to lead and give others the benefit of your knowledge and experience. In exchange we will give you the autonomy and resource required to be successful in the role.
Kantar Worldpanel is the global expert in shoppers' behaviour. Through continuous monitoring, advanced analytics and tailored solutions, Kantar Worldpanel inspires successful decisions by brand owners, retailers, market analysts and government organisations globally.
With over 60 years' experience, a team of 3,500, and services covering 60 countries directly or through partners, Kantar Worldpanel turns purchase behaviour into competitive advantage in markets as diverse as FMCG, impulse products, fashion, baby, telecommunications and entertainment, among many others.
- Work alongside and manage a globally matrixed network of stakeholders.
- Develop clear, concise requirements, writing them in an unambiguous manner.
- Assess 3rd parties' potential to be adopted as suppliers, and monitor their performance if adopted.
- Work alongside our software development teams, ensuring that what is built meets the needs of the end user.
- Coach and train end users to familiarise them with the end product, and embed new processes.
- Develop and mentor more junior staff members, acting as an exemplar and subject matter expert for the team.
- A prior track record of success in software development projects.
- Experience working under an agile development methodology and managing a product backlog.
- The ability to write user stories in Jira and produce clear, unambiguous requirements.
- Experience of having built entirely new applications from nothing, rather than amending existing ones.
- Experience of data modelling and/or working on data processing software development projects. Someone who has helped build an application that processes large datasets would be ideal.
- Experience in creating engaging, public facing websites or apps would be highly advantageous.
- Fantastic interpersonal and stakeholder skills, including the ability to politely but firmly push back or say 'no' when necessary.
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that's out of the ordinary and join us.