EllisKnight is recruiting for an experienced Management Accountant to join our client based in Swindon. This is a full–time FTC role for a minimum period of 6 months and there may be a an opportunity for this role to become permanent.
The core responsibilities of this role are to manage the timely and accurate processing of transactions/journals for month end reporting and dealing with financial queries.
They are looking for someone with strong technical accounting and analytical skills who is tenacious in resolving queries and is confident in dealing with many different people across the business in a professional manner.
Your job duties will include:
- Performing the approval of bank payments to vendors
- Managing daily cash balances, transferring money between accounts as required
- Posting of ad–hoc journals into Oracle PeopleSoft financial system
- Check coding of overhead invoices
- Calculation of fees for the month, posting journals and reporting revenue
- Investigation into variance between monthly actuals and budget
- Managing revenue sharing transactions
- Preparing and posting German payroll journals per cost center, including bonus accruals
- Ensuring all payroll related payments are made by relevant due dates (incl. pensions, tax, social security etc.)
- Preparing and posting journals for accruals, prepayments, fixed assets and other balance sheet activity
- Ensuring all inter–company recharge invoices are raised/received as appropriate (mainly USA, UK and Prague SSC related)
- Agreement of inter–company loans with USA and associated interest payable
- Manage client SLA and rebate provisions
- Month end balance sheet reconciliations and submissions
- Statutory tax returns/filings (other than VAT)
QUALIFICATIONS, PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience within a finance team (preferably fully qualified)
- Fluency in German with an understanding of Germany statutory reporting would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent understanding of double entry, trial balances and reconciliations
- Use of financial ledger applications (preferably Oracle PeopleSoft) and preparing and posting journals
- Must demonstrate effective problem–solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly organised
- Able to work under pressure, with flexibility to work outside core hours during month end if required
- Must be an independent worker and possess the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is required (competent at using pivot tables and formulas such as VLOOKUP and IF statements) to use data extracted from various systems for manipulation, analysis and reporting
To be considered for this role, please apply with an up–to–date copy of your CV.
This role will pay up to GBP40,000 with excellent benefits