Altra Executives are currently recruiting a Management Accountant to join one of the UK's biggest media companies based in London. This will be a 12 month contract position, the ideal candidate should be an accomplished management accountant with a track record of providing high quality financial information, in a timely and accurate manner, with excellent communication and collaborative skills, understanding the areas within which each commercial entity operates, key partners, business models. You will have a passion for driving insight and understanding through provision of accurate and timely data, both financial and non–financial.
The purpose of this role:
To provide financial information, management accounting and analytical support on Technology costs and provide financial and strategic support to the CIO.
To manage the monthly management accounting process, ensuring that accurate financial information is reported and that management information is delivered in a timely manner thereby allowing the effective management of the Technology function.
Key job responsibilities:
• Weekly and monthly provision of timely and accurate booking, revenue and KPI data by category within business vertical that drives weekly MI Reports, trading updates and monthly reports.
• Monthly provision of timely and accurate cost data within business vertical, with analysis against budget and forecast by cost type
• Weekly and monthly invoicing of business partners across verticals and updates of invoicing timetable schedules to ensure optimised cash–flows.
• Detailed and accurate monthly balance sheets for accrued revenue by category and partner, cancellation provisions, and cost accruals and prepayments
• Collaborate effectively between various internal finance providers to complete monthly Commerce vertical profit analysis
• Uploading of financial data into relevant Group reporting systems on weekly, monthly, budget and forecast basis
• Work with Commerce Finance Business partner and Commerce Data Manager to provide monthly update of rolling forecast models, identifying key KPI movements and potential risks or opportunities to the business
• Works with Commerce Data team to help provide non–financial data on performance on offline and digital performance that gives insight into reasons for financial performance.
• Help in preparation of budget and quarterly re–forecast updates based on current and predicted trading
• Provide monthly draft department commentary for inclusion in the monthly Management Information pack
• Ad–hoc financial analysis
Specific requirements / skills
• CIMA / ACA or ACCA part – qualified / finalist
• Industry experience preferred
• Demonstrates a proactive attitude, excellent prioritisation skills, with desire to produce high quality output
• Ability to work positively with a full range of individuals and groups with differing styles and approaches
• Ability to adapt style and approach to get the best out of people
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other members of the team, senior managers, exec members and wider stakeholder groups within the business
• Understanding of the wider objectives and organisational strategy
• Ability to produce balance sheet and P&L information to a very high level of accuracy and detail Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling costs and revenues, including risks and benefits management
- Accuracy & Attention to Detail
- Processes large quantities of detailed information with high levels of accuracy.
- Productively balances speed and accuracy.
- Implements a variety of cross–checking approaches and mechanisms.
- Evaluates and makes contributions to best practices.