Leading telecommunications business in the heart of Bury St Edmunds, Looking for an experienced payroll Executive to join their team and help the business through a continued growth phase.
Leading telecommunications business based in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. Having recently moved into new state of the art offices, they have now become a vocal point for the local community and one of the best business to work for in the local area.
Payroll Executive Responsibilities:
- Act as first point of contact for all payroll matters.
- Process and reviewing weekly and monthly payroll
- Monitoring emails within the payroll inbox, answer to queries on a timely manner.
- Preparation of payroll files and reconciliations autonomously, solve queries and issues in liaison with internal and external provider.
- Administration for payroll documentation of new starters, leavers (P45), promotions, salary increases, bonuses, SSP and OSP, SMP. For example, preparing Bonus and new salary letters.
- Manage the P11D process for all benefit in kind.
- Maintain an up to date schedule of all employees currently on Maternity, Paternity, Long Term sickness.
- Knowledge of statutory entitlement and qualification criteria.
- Manage the electronic E-Payslip liaison with the external payroll company.
- Manage the administration of the auto enrolment pension schemes including the reconciliation of employee and employer pension contributions.
- Regular contact with Finance colleagues with regards to payroll reporting.
- Understand NI, Income Tax calculations and Tax codes and pay adjustments.
- Students loans, and Payroll obligations around P6's, P9's and SL1's and SL2's ,P32 and P35 information and schedule.
- Assist the employee with general HMRC queries & help with the initial investigation of any issues
Payroll Executive requirements:
- At least 2 years' experience in UK payroll.
- National Payroll Certificate / Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- To be aware of complex regulations in order to provide correct advice.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and co-workers.
- IT Skills
- MS Excel, pivot and formulas
- MS Word, mail-merge
Leading business in the local area and a company that can offer excellent work life balance.