Telecommunication Business Analyst - III
Telecommunication Business Analyst
The person will serve as a liaison between IT development team and Network operations, work with network operations and translate their requirements into functional specifications. In this process, the person is expected to work with equipment vendors and technology organization, analyze how to interact with equipment and the network, the behavior of the network under various fault conditions, and work out test and fault isolation strategies. Once the functional spec is worked out, work with IT team to oversee the successful development and implementation according to the specifications.
- Deliver systems functional specifications to the development team
- Assist development lead to translate functional specifications into project plans
- Coordinate between the development team, QA, Labs and network operations (users)
Must have skills:
- 10+ years of experience operating telecommunication network.
- Experience with the following network technologies, SONET, DWDM, OTN, Carrier Ethernet, IP routing; experience with ATM, DS1/DS3, DSL is a plus.
- Experience interacting with communication equipment using TL1 and CLI interfaces
- Knowledge of Software defined network is strong plus.
- Experience with writing software functional requirements, and working with software development teams, QA and users.
- Great people skills and problem solving skills.
BS, MS, in EE, Computer Science or related field.
- Standard, flexible, Mon– Friday and occasional weekend work; must be willing to work with Verizon off–shore teams (early hours in US) and also must be willing to work with all the teams across eastern, central, and Mountain Time zones in the US.
Not accepting 3rd party candidates at this time.