Vitality, Finance Analyst, Bournemouth, GBPCompetitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground–breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment to Vitality in this Finance Analyst role, we have designed a generous benefits package to reward our employees, this includes;
– A genuine long–term opportunity to grow and establish a long–term career
– Our award winning private medical insurance
– A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
– Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
– Vitality Partners and Rewards
Our Finance Analyst will be responsible for the monthly accounting and reporting for various aspects of the Vitality Health group of companies. You will be focusing on Vitality Corporate Services Limited, to support the monthly internal reporting and regulatory reporting, all within a robust control environment.
Responsibilities as our Finance Analyst include:
– Ownership of and financial controls around VCSL trial balance across all areas of accounting,.
– Monthly monitoring of balance sheet and P&L balances for VCSL, preparing analysis, investigating and resolving queries.
– Assistance in the preparation of the VCSL financial statements.
– Preparation of regulatory submissions.
– Monthly accounting and analysis for the financial reinsurance contracts purchased by Vitality Health Limited.
– Back–up for the monthly technical accounting for Vitality Health Limited and the preparation of the monthly consolidated management accounts.
– Processing of various monthly journals in Sage, running TBs etc.
– Maintaining up to date documentation of processes, procedures and accounting policies.
– Identification of process improvements within the VHL FR team.
– Review of various reconciliations prepared by the Vitality UK Finance Shared Services team.
– Assisting during the interim and annual audit process.
– Supporting other areas of finance and actuarial in ad–hoc requests as required.
Skills and Experience required of our Finance Analyst:
– Qualified accountant or qualified by experience
– Attention to detail
– Proven ability to problem solve independently
– Proven experience in resolving issues/queries
– Experience in performing reconciliations
– Experience with Sage
– Good Excel knowledge
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to work within tight deadlines
– Proven experience in multi–tasking
– Previous experience working in an insurance environment (Desirable)
Working for Vitality as a Finance Analyst you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Tuesday 01 May 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Finance Analyst please click 'apply' today.