Purchase Ledger Accountant
International, dynamic and fast paced consultancy based in the city are recruiting an Accounts Payable Accountant to join the finance team. This role is due to organic growth of the company. Working alongside a highly experienced AP Manager, you will have the opportunity to progress with your AP career in an international environment. The company offer excellent benefits, low staff turnover and send their staff on varies training courses. Ideally (not essential) you will be studying or have studied some or all of your AAT qualification.
- Manage AP processing and payments
- Provide suitable cover for other AP locations
- Ensuring all supplier invoices have the appropriate approvals, and project and account coding;
- Ensure accuracy of postings
- Reviewing staff expenses
- Processing supplier invoices and staff expenses in accordance with policies, and maintaining the integrity of the Accounts Payable ledger;
- Assisting team in creditor monitoring and dealing with local supplier queries regarding payments;
- Processing supplier payments;
- Creating and transmitting supplier payments through designated bank;
- Assist the transition of the AP processing to ERP system;
- Assist the transition of AP processes to offshore locations
Skills and Requirements:
- Working in an international environment, liaising with overseas colleagues;
- Creating meaningful financial analysis and understanding;
- Play a key role in the monthly financial and management accounting processes.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate the following strengths:
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written skills, with the ability to communicate across a wide range of professional groups;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast–paced environment;
- Ability to organise, prioritise, and self–motivate with a high level of commitment and initiative;
Salary GBP24,000 to GBP26,000
Benefits: 25 day holiday, pension, medical, group life cover, long term disability income, eye care vouchers, child care vouchers and cycle to work.