Business Analyst/ Data Modeller
Job title: Data Design Analyst
Location: London or Kent
Salary: Circa GBP40'000 – GBP60'000 (Negotiable)
Contract: Full time, 12 month FTC
Customer Management Resourcing (CMR) is a boutique recruitment consultancy that specialise in mid & executive level roles within 'Customer Management'. This includes all management or analytical roles surrounding Contact Centres, Customer Experience & A.I.
We are proud to be working with a leading, well established residential housing organisation. They play a key part in helping shape some of the most exciting, diverse and dynamic regions in the country, predominantly in the South East of England.
For this role, my client is looking for some who can deliver a business data design to enable the business to make more timely and accurate decisions, monitor performance, carry out Data Modelling, diagnose performance issues, predict outcomes and automate decisions where applicable as well as enable the organisations digital agenda through use of trusted data by ensuring one version of the truth is achieved.
The organisation is in the process of rethinking their business needs / processes and therefore the data needs to be modelled as part of the revised business processes. They already have IT architects who will cross check against systems. The focus of this role is greenfield business design
Scope of the role:
Following changes to the structure of the Operations Change Department, they have created a new post responsible for delivering the business data design to enable the single version of the truth for the data asset to be realised.
The ideal candidate will bring a passion for eliminating the data silos and driving the design of the shared data asset across all business processes and business areas. They will understand the concepts relating to data and are experienced in producing conceptual and logical data models and writing robust data definitions to enable the delivery of the conformed data assets. The person needs to be a team player who actively contributes to the success of the entire team. Familiarity with industry data frameworks, methodology and standards relating to data is expected.
They will work collaboratively with the business data owners and their delegates, the process improvement teams and product owners to understand the data requirements and ensure structural data issues are eliminated through process and data design. They will champion and drive the business design for master and reference data and data analytics datasets. You support activities that enable value to be extracted from the data / information assets. They will partner with the IT Data Architecture, BI and solution teams to ensure the business data design is translated correctly to deliver the trusted data asset.
• Work collaboratively with data assurance team and process teams to specify key indicators to monitor data quality and the associated data quality reports required
- Work collaboratively with the Data, Process and IT teams to identify the root cause of data errors and propose changes to remedy these through changes to documentation, rules, methods and systems
- Work collaboratively with process improvement and IT teams to ensure any revised processes / system changes are impact assessed for the data artefacts (data model, mastership, entity relationships etc)
• Specify requirements for master data management for assigned data assets
• Work with IT Architecture team to mature data artefacts
• Analyse the merging of data onto Group systems and provide the impact assessment
• Support resolution of data quality issues caused by process, definitions or system issues
• Support H&S, regulatory and governance compliance
• Maintain accurate documentation of all business design documents related to the data assets
• Maintain the necessary relevant Trust records and systems including databases in line with the data quality rules relating to accuracy, timeliness, completeness etc
• Manage risks associated with data
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Business Data Design methods (eg Kimball, IE etc)
- Understand the business value of data
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Sector knowledge
- Understand Data management framework
- Understanding of business processes
- Master Data Management expertise
- Understanding of BI & Data Analytics
- Ability to execute data strategy
- Good knowledge of IT systems
- Salary range of GBP40'000 – GBP60'000 (Negotiable depending on level of experience)
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus subject to group performance
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Healthcare scheme, employee assistance scheme and non–contributory life assurance.
How to apply:
To be considered for this opportunity or for more information, you will need to email an updated CV quoting job reference '10575–NF'
We do endeavour to respond to as many applications as possible, however due to the high volume of applications we tend to receive we cannot always advise each individual unsuccessful applicant. If you haven't heard from us within 14 days of submitting your application, please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.