Tax Senior - Mixed Tax - Independent Accountancy Practice
Taylor Hawkes are working with a modern, progressive firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers with offices in Surrey and Kent. The firm provide a full range of tax advisory and accountancy services plus audit, payroll and business coaching to a varied portfolio of clients based in London and the South East. Due to growth within the business, the firm are currently recruiting for a technical and client facing tax senior. The ideal candidate will have mixed tax experience, however, a strong personal tax professional with the desire to learn corporate, trust and partnership tax will be considered.
- Management of a portfolio of personal tax and business clients
- Responsible for preparation of timely and accurate tax returns
- Identifying tax risk/potential savings and providing client advice on tax–related problems – income/capital gains/inheritance/residential & domicile
- Management of HMRC investigations
- Building and developing good client relationships
- Responsible for the financial management of your portfolio including timely billing
- Liaison with other areas within the practice such as payroll, accounts and administrative support to coordinate delivery of related services
- Assist in the training, development and mentoring of team members
- Assist Managing Director with proposals and business development plans
What you will need to succeed
- ATT or CTA qualified/part qualified with a strong personal tax knowledge
- Developed level of technical knowledge plus a practical, commercial approach.
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met while ensuring procedures are followed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both oral and written to allow effective communication with colleagues and clients.
- Self motivated, proactive approach with the potential to lead and motivate a team
- Ability to work within a team, participating in open communication and contribution in meetings, supporting colleagues with a positive attitude and approach.
- Payroll knowledge advantageous
- Ability to grow personally and professionally in a flat structure.
For more information, please contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes.