Tax Manager/Senior – Central Newark – Permanent – Competitive Salary – Pension – Holiday Buy–Back Scheme – Flexible Working
Monday – Friday, Full–time
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Our client is looking for a Tax Manager/Senior to join their growing team in Newark.The main responsibility is to oversee the personal tax compliance function within the office and administer a portfolio of individuals, partnerships and trusts. The manager will also assist in the provision of specialist tax advice and planning for clients both within a portfolio of clients and on special projects. The Tax Manager will also ensure that all staff under their control receive necessary job training and support to meet business and personal goals.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, including tax compliance advice.
- Assist in undertaking ad hoc tax projects/ advisory work.
- Manage all work and billing within a portfolio and ensuring budgets are met.
- Assist the Associate Director with tax advisory work.
- Provide advice and assistance to individuals within the practice as and when required.
- Keep up to date with changes in tax legislation and the application of this knowledge
- Identify opportunities when reviewing client affairs and action these as appropriate.
- Develop staff within the tax team with their technical ability and general development.
- Develop relationships with clients, build networking skills.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with clients, identifying any opportunities for cross selling of other group services.
- Respect client confidentiality.
- Report promptly to a Director any concerns which may affect the firm's client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter–personal skills.
- Should be able to ensure that staff are supported and assist them to achieve agreed targets in their performance and development.
- Capable of ensuring that staff receive effective job training and experience to complement their studies.
- Must be able to work well with other Managers/ Senior Managers as part of a team.
If you are interested in this Tax Manager/Senior role, please submit your updated CV, outlining your relevant skills and experience, to Travail Newark.
Travail are operating as an Employment Agency in this instance.