Becoming a Financial Accountant with Capita Local Government:
This is an interesting and varied role supporting the Senior accountant. The role will work with a variety of different stakeholders including business partners and service managers, providing key financial accounting advice, producing financial statements, month end and year end support, audit support.
What you will do:
- To be a technical financial accounting resource for the Financial Accounting team assisting in ensuring the financial statements of the authority are closed in a timely manner and all other related financial matters that the section is responsible for are delivered accurately and on time.
- Liaise, where appropriate, with internal and external audit on any matters affecting the closedown of accounts, audit of accounts or anything else of a significant financial nature ensuring the relevant Senior Financial Accountant is aware of any discussions.
- Take responsibility for providing sound, pro–active and flexible financial advice and technical accounting support services to managers and business partners at all levels and ensure that effective and proactive support is available and provided at all times
- To ensure the completion of all balance sheet and other reconciliations on a timely and accurate basis and follow up on unreconciled items until completion.
- Assist the Senior Financial Accountant to ensure that appropriate controls are in place safeguarding the integrity and completeness of accounting ledgers and any internal or external accounting procedures are complied with.
- To assist in completing all period end processes, final account preparation and internal and external reporting activities in accordance with required timescales and current accounting standards.
Your experience will include:
- Qualified AAT or equivalent
- Experience of developing productive, meaningful, trusted and positive senior stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working on own initiative with limited supervision or direction.
- Extensive knowledge of financial IT systems.
- Ability to analyse, interpret, understand and disseminate complex and detailed technical information in a professional and easy to understand way
- Commitment to maintain professional and ethical standards.
About Capita Local Government
For over 25 years, Capita has been the UK's leading provider of services to local government. We help councils to improve efficiency, provide better services and become more commercially sustainable. This works through a variety of frameworks, service agreements, commercial partnerships, shared services and joint venture companies. We cover all local government operations – from customer management, HR and property development to back office processing, administration and IT. Join us and you'll be part of a team providing a full range of back office, middle office and customer facing services.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country – the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contactfor guidance and to request a full job description.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.