Financial Accountant role is based within HSBC Private Bank UK Limited Operational Accounting team (PBGB). The team is responsible for all the financial reporting requirements for HSBC Private Bank UK Limited.
The Financial Accountant role is a core part of the PBGB Operational Accounting team ensuring that the ledger correctly reflects the business transactions in accordance with IFRS. The role holder is to be responsible for a variety of activities in the production of daily and monthly accounting for PGBB and preparation of monthly and quarterly regulatory reports to PRA and Bank of England. The new team member will be working in a fast–paced environment with tight deadlines. Additionally, the role holder will be supporting the team with preparation of annual financial statements and audit queries.
The role is challenging and provides an opportunity for individuals to develop a broad range of capabilities in the ever–changing world of Finance.
The responsibilities will include:
- Preparing regulatory reports for PRA and Bank of England
- Taking part in preparation of monthly closing of the books
- Accounting for Share Based Payments and Bonuses
- Preparation of income tax estimate
- Reviewing of balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation processes and updating documentation
- Being pro–active in performing the work required for the team to meet objectives and assisting other team members with their allocated tasks where appropriate
- Creating and maintaining high quality process documentation
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Role relevant qualification: ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of financial instruments and related accounting principles
- Very good MS Excel skills, including Vlookups/Hlookups/Pivots
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Self–awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for tasks assigned
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive operating plans which consistently delivered desired results
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in banking industry preferred
- Experience of statutory accounts preparation is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of IFRS 9 is desirable but not essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.