Cherry professional are recruiting for a great opportunity for a Management Accountant to join this leading company in Heanor. The business is expanding and the role will play a key part in the finance team, and report to a Financial controller. The opportunity provides the successful candidate with a broad role and great prospects to progress your career.
The role responsibilities include
– Working as part of a team responsible for the production of monthly management accounts.
– Review and explanation of variances to trend, budget and forecast.
– Maintenance and calculating standard costs and measuring actuals against standards including analysing differences.
– Analysis and calculation of scrap, material usage variances, labour usage/rate variances.
– Management of annual stocktake and cycle count process.
– Preparation of Annual Budgets and support development of 5 year Strategic Plan, for multiple group companies.
– Supporting commercial decisions with ad hoc analysis.
– Development of new and improvement of existing accounts processes to drive efficiencies in management accounts production and month end reporting.
– Provide support to internal/external audits ensuring compliance.
To be successful candidate you will ideally be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) or in final stages of study. Qualified by experience (QBE) will definitely be considered. You need to have a track record of supporting stakeholders and have previous experience in management accounting, budgeting and standard costs. Previous experience in Manufacturing or Engineering is required coupled with a stable track record.