Lead Finance Analyst
Sellick Partnership has been assigned to recruit a permanent Lead Finance Analyst for a very successful and instantly recognisable retail business based in Manchester.
The business has outperformed their competitors over the past few years and will continue to do so by driving their strategic plan, delivering further improvements and changes that will make a real impact on the whole business.
The Lead Finance Analyst will take ownership of the payroll costs for 50,000 colleagues in their retail estate. This role combines standard accounting processes with complex analysis modelling. You will partner closely with colleagues across the support centre, out in the field and within the retail operations providing meaningful insight in a variety of forms. It will be a dynamic role with a number of change initiatives underway which you will have to be considerate of, taking the lead on managing those through whilst driving improvements.
You will be tasked to provide and develop robust insight for the business and business partners, ranging from complex modelling to simple performance reporting, to drive business direction and decisions. Continually improve forecasting and budgeting assumptions and models, by applying new thinking and techniques. Provide appropriate challenge and influence to stakeholders to ensure they make well informed decisions that improve business performance. Reconciliation, reporting and insights across business performance each week, period, quarter and year.
- Reconcile the payroll costs of 50,000 store colleagues ensuring accuracy each month
- Manage all forecasting and modelling to consider the impacts of operational changes i.e. to store structure, hours allocated etc. linking in with any projects also which may require financial modelling input
- Act as a key finance contact for retail and project teams
- Partner closely with divisional finance BP's and managing directors within retail providing them payroll information and analysis as required
- Own and drive improvement within the payroll planning process as well as feeding into governance processes
- Each year model the impact of annual salary review outputs as well as holiday allowances and any other company benefits effecting payroll
- Collate and present a national reporting pack for the use of our retail senior leadership team
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) who has proven financial control experience ideally where you've accounted for a large payroll cost before. You will be happy to take on a high profile role within a transforming business where you will form relationships with colleagues across finance and the wider business.
You will have significant financial analysis experience and the ability to conduct financial modelling coupled with experience in carrying out standard monthly accounting and a strong cost and control background.
The role requires an ambitious and proactive individual who enjoys applying a strong controllership focus, with the ability to build robust and productive relationships, providing support and challenge across all functions and liaising with senior management.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this commercial finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on .