Management Reporting Accountant
Imperial Tobacco is part of the FTSE30 company Imperial Brands PLC, a dynamic international business specialising in tobacco and non–tobacco brands.
Headquartered in Bristol with an international workforce of around 34,000 people, Imperial Brands' core business is built around tobacco portfolio which includes the Davidoff, Gauloises Blondes, JPS and West brands.
With a presence across the EU and in Africa, Asia and the Americas, we offer opportunities to set the strategic direction across multiple markets.
As Management Reporting Accountant you will play a leading role in the co–ordination, preparation and development of the Group's Management Reporting requirements. You will build relationships with key stakeholders, gain insights into the financial performance of the Group, challenge ways of working and ensure reporting requirements, commitments on metrics and timings and governance controls are met.
- Own, prepare, co–ordinate and review relevant financial management reports and dashboards produced within the Management Reporting Team;
- Collation of information from various Group resources.
- Review and verification of data to source systems.
- Ensure required submissions are received in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Provide feedback to submitters.
Process and Development
- Challenge ways of working, drive developments, idea creation and maintain processes to allow smooth operation of:
- Regular reporting cycles including data collation, preparation, review and publication of reports.
- Managed and timely progression of approved changes.
- Action required developments of reports and processes to guarantee continued relevance to Group metrics and information requirements of stakeholders.
- Creating and maintaining documentation on relevant reporting processes.
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Use relationships to gain insights into Group financial performance.
- Provide support for all relevant functional directors and managers.
Integrated Planning & Reporting
- Support and assist with the IP&R agenda, helping to develop and implement new standardised reporting and analytics within the group's chosen Business Intelligence tools.
Skills & experience
- Qualified or Passed Finalist accountant, preferably with previous experience of international management reporting and analysis.
- Good communication skills with the ability to deal with senior managers across the organisation.
- Ability to focus on process definition and delivery, often to tight deadlines.
- Proactive outlook, suggesting and driving through improvements in the way the tasks are done.
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of being a completer/finisher.
- Ability to stand back and understand the 'big picture' as well as the detail.
- Proactive in suggesting and driving through improvements in the way the department operates.
- Technically competent accountant.
- Team player, but with the ability to act on own initiative when appropriate.
- Person wanting to make an impression on the department, and flexible enough to welcome other opportunities within the Group.
What we offer
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).