Group Financial Controller
TechNET IT Recruitment Ltd is a large UK and European IT and Digital recruitment company. We also have 2 other brands with a combined annual turnover of circa. GBP20 million. Due to recent changes we are currently looking for an aspiring Financial Controller who has the determination and drive to help drive our businesses forward with strategic thought and awareness with a view to promotion to Finance Director with responsibilities across all 3 brands and future brands currently in the pipeline for 2018.
To work alongside the Group Managing Director, the Finance Controller will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands–on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
The role of the Finance Controller has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
Ensure that the company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
We see this role growing into a Group Finance Director role over a period of time once the capabilities can be assessed.
In this role, you will have the responsibility to manage the day to day operational and accounting function within the Group Accounting team (known internally as the CSO team – Central Services Office). This role is designed for a very "hands on" individual who is happy to get involved in every aspect of the accounting function across 3 companies.
Your focus will be based on the following (but not limited to):–
• Day to day accounting procedures using the Xero accounting platform.
• Day to day management of the current team.
• Providing support and development where required and ensure the team is operating with minimal errors and omissions.
• Responsible for producing accurate and timely Management Information regarding the monthly performance of each companies and other deadline driven requirements.
• Providing cash flow forecasts as required by the company directors.
• Meeting deadlines and ensuring all financial responsibilities are met at all times.
• Maintain and develop relationships with external parties including our Funding Partner (RBS), Commercial Bank (NatWest) and our Group Accountant.
• Suggest new internal initiatives to drive automation across our accounting and operational platform.
• To provide potential ideas around strategies to increase performance and decrease costs.
• Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
• Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
• High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
• Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
• A confident communicator including the ability to relate well with others and be adaptable.
• Be commercially focused and be able to work to tight timelines.
• Able to manage multiple, deadline–drive projects.
• Able to work autonomously demonstrating initiative and sound judgement.
• Be able to manage, support and develop those within the team to fulfil their career aspirations.
• Be able to advise of future acquisitive growth strategies as well as exploring and advising on new territories for future expansion.
• Proven experience using Sage and/or Xero accounting software but ultimately being able to evidence basic and advanced accounting fundamentals.
• Good knowledge of accounting for invoice financing.
• Sound understanding of revenue recognition.
• Familiarity with online banking software.
• Ability to submit VAT Returns, Annual returns and file Year End Accounts.
• Should be appropriately qualified – CIMA, ACCA etc.
* A competitive salary approx. GBP45,000 – GBP50,000 pa plus a range of benefits including healthcare (subject to experience).