Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
LocheadSandford Recruitment's client, a highly regarded independent CA Firm seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Corporate Tax Assistant Manager to join their Corporate tax team based in central Edinburgh.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for their own varied portfolio of clients. Reviewing the work of Tax Seniors and Assistants, where they are drafting tax provisions and tax return work for more complex clients, is also required, whilst building up tax knowledge and expertise, as well as, team management skills.
- Preparation and supervision of corporate tax computations in support of tax provisions, for submission to HMRC together with the tax return
- Supervision of corporate tax return preparation
- Planning compliance work and taking responsibility for managing the process through to submission of tax computations • Co–ordinating tax payments, loss relief, group relief and other claims
- Reviewing more complicated tax returns and computations to ensure their accuracy
- Provision of high level technical and tax planning advice to clients, working as necessary with managers and partners
- Maintaining an up to date technical knowledge of corporation and financial reporting requirements • Involvement in written negotiations on HMRC enquiries
- Coaching,managing more junior members of the tax team including delgation of work
The successful candidate will also have a good working knowledge of UK GAAP (including familiarisation of FRS102) and UK tax legislation, project and time management skills where they are used to working to tight deadlines and budgets, and the ability and interest in understanding the client's business. They will be confident in client–facing situations and be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word. The successful candidate will have three years' corporation tax experience with some working knowledge of other taxes and practical experience of using software systems in the preparation of company tax returns. They will have qualified in CTA, CA, ATT.
WHY JOIN OUR CLIENT?
Our client offers a most competitive salary and flexible benefits package– DOE, flexible working, real prospects to develop given continued new work, high calibre corporate tax portfolio within a structured tax department offering support to further develop your tax career and continue– if required, your Tax exams.