Semi Senior Accountant / Part Qualified Accountant
We are a firm of Chartered Accountants, established for more than 30 years with a strong client base and excellent reputation. We are looking for an accounts semi senior to report to one of its directors.
The job will entail preparing accounts for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and limited liability partnerships, the associated tax computations, personal and corporation tax returns. You will also be exposed to completing quarterly VAT returns and preparing and reviewing monthly payrolls.
The ideal candidate will need to:
- be bright, and well organised.
- be capable of working on their own, and within a team
- you must have at least 2 years experience in preparing final accounts and tax computations within a practice environment.
- be able to prepare neat and easy to follow cross–referenced working papers.
- be computer literate in the following programs: Excel, QuickBooks, Sage, final accounts production and tax software such as Iris or Digita.
- have proven analytical skills.
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- have strong organisational skills.
- be pro–active in your approach to work.
- have a strong attention to detail.
- be honest and hard working.
- have a willingness to learn.
What we will offer to you:
- excellent ongoing job training to allowing you to build on your skill set gained to date enabling you to become a top–class accountant.
- study support.
- 20 days hols + bank hols. Plus an extra day per year of service up to a max of 25 days.
- contributory pension.
- a highly competitive salary depending on your experience.
The roles working hours will be 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Job Types: Full–time, Permanent
Salary: GBP20,000.00 to GBP30,000.00 /year