Assistant Management Accountant
My client, a market leading specialist engineering company based in Warrington are looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Management Accountant into their growing finance team. The successful applicant will be required to assist the Divisional Finance Director and Finance team in the production of accounting and management information for use by staff and management of the Division and relevant partners.
1. Assisting the Finance team to provide accurate management and financial information for review in line with the timetable set by Group.
2. Assists in preparation of full year statutory account packs, supporting analysis, annual budgets and quarterly forecast.
3. Responsible for the preparation of month end journals, reconcile and close ledgers at end of accounting periods, and update and review cash flow system.
4. Responsible for periodic update of bank reconciliations and preparation of all input for review.
5. Responsible for collating monthly management packs, preparation of monthly management accounts, updating development appraisals and preparing forecasts with variance analysis.
6. Raises invoices on sales ledger.
7. The preparation of ad hoc management pack reports such as stock plot schedules.
8. Ensures weekly sales information is correctly prepared and cashflow information supplied to Group Accountant.
9. Undertakes other ad hoc duties as required.
10. Prepare year end stat packs, corporation tax packs and statutory financial statements and other Group legal entitles for review.
11. Prepare monthly management accounts and board papers for review.
12. Prepare monthly VAT returns.
13. Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts and monthly drawdown and payment schedules for review.
Knowledge and Skills
* Detailed knowledge of Financial & Management Accounting.
* Good levels of competence on spreadsheets.
* An ability to work as a team member.
* Willingness to learn and progress. Proactive and extremely organised work ethic.
* Accounting Qualification desirable.