German Speaking Accountant
The Accountant will perform month–end processes, management reporting, balance sheet reconciliations and compliance related activities (i.e. VAT and Statistics).
The role will partner closely with the Retail team, and the Global Finance function based in Parsippany, NJ, USA
My client is an international luxury retail firm based in London.
The key responsibilities of this German Speaking Accountant include:
- Completion of the month end close processes and preparation of all supporting month end schedules.
- Review of results pre–close (vs Plan/ Trend analysis etc) to ensure that the accounts are accurate. Other close reporting as required.
- Monthly preparation of all balance sheet reconciliations to ensure that all accounts are adequately reconciled and that all aged items are resolved in a timely manner (30 days).
- Preparation of bank reconciliations and ensuring that there are no aged items over 30 days on the bank reconciliations.
- Quarterly completion of Sarbanes Oxley requirements and reporting of results to the US.
- Timely completion of quarterly checklist as required by Internal Audit and monitoring of local adherence.
- Responsible for accurate and Timely submission of VAT and other regulatory returns.
- Assist with preparation and timely submission of all statutory reporting and filings as relevant.
- Liaise with auditors and tax accountants to ensure clean audit report and no issues with tax reporting.
The successful candidate will display the following:
- Fluency in German is essential
Part–qualified qualified accountant in relevant GAAP (post graduate +) ie ACA for UK IFRS knowledge.
At least 2–3 year related work experience in industry, preferably in the retail sector.
Self–motivated with strong communication and organizational skills.
Experience with JD Edwards is a bonus.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
Strong attention to detail.
This role offers a competitive salary, career progression and the chance to work for a luxury international retail firm.