Life & Pensions Audit Manager
Royal London Group
Life & Pensions Audit Manager
Salary c. GBP67,500 – GBP79,000 + Excellent Benefits
Benefits – Bonus at target, 28 days holiday + stats, contributory pension
Royal London Group Internal Audit (RLG IA) is a high performing audit function that is respected and valued across the Group. We work as a close team, operating from our Edinburgh, London and Wilmslow offices, to deliver an impactful and collaborative audit service to our stakeholders. RLG IA is about much more than delivering typical audit reviews. We value outstanding audit quality, which is developed with a highly relevant business priority and regulatory context, and that brings innovative approaches to assurance. We recognise there isn't "a one size fits all" on innovative assurance so we're constantly evolving and tailoring how we operate.
We're recognised for our trusted stakeholder relationships that are underpinned by our integrity. We do this by investing in gaining a deep understanding of business priorities and challenges, and by acting with honesty, transparency and consistency. We don't shy away from challenging situations when they arise. This means we build enduring relationships that are meaningful over the long term.
We have an outstanding track record for developing talent and realising the potential of our people through internal moves across the business. A new Group Audit Director has recently been promoted from within the team. As the profile and demand for Internal Audit has increased over recent years, we have a mandate for further growth and are creating several new senior roles within the function. We are looking for excellent subject matter experts and outstanding audit leaders who can demonstrate the RLG IA behaviours and values to join us.
The successful candidate will be a specialist in our Life and Pensions (L&P) team within the Internal Audit Function.As a deputy to the Regional Head of Audit, you will work closely with them to shape the L&P audit portfolio; leading stakeholder work with senior executives across our L&P businesses, developing the L&P audit plan and delivering robust and independent assurance.
A key component of this role is building trusted and meaningful relationships with senior business leaders. You will provide credible insights and challenge, drawing on your expert L&P knowledge, to our business leaders and the Group Executive Committee. Your role will include attending senior committees focusing on identifying and mitigating strategic, operational, financial and compliance risks.
You will be provided with a supportive, collaborative and open environment to think creatively and to enhance the value that RLG IA brings to our customers and members. You will also have the ability to lead departmental initiatives, to support your personal development, and action key components of GIA's strategy. An element of this will include developing the RLG IA's data analytics and continuous monitoring capabilities.
You will be highly motivated to succeed with strong analytical and relationship management skills. There is potential to take on a broader technical or leadership business role in the Group, or to be a succession candidate to the Regional Head of Audit in the longer term.
- Collaborating with the Regional Head of Audit to lead and shape the portfolio of L&P work across the Group.
- Bring constructive insight and challenge to the business by drawing on your knowledge of L&P product development and maintenance activities. This will include understanding the Group's key regulatory and conduct responsibilities of L&P business operations in the UK and Ireland.
- Responsible for developing the annual audit plan and the delivery of core L&P audits, along with other experienced auditors within the GIA team.
- Can influence senior stakeholders to embed risk management and controls into strategic decision making.
- Brings a disciplined and robust approach to internal audit delivery, and demonstrates strong commercial and risk appetite awareness.
- Working both independently and collaboratively with other team members on key elements of RLG IA's strategy, including developing data analytics and continuous monitoring.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will possess a recognised accountancy, actuarial or other relevant professional qualification along with knowledge of life and pensions products and operational processes.
- Strong background in internal or external audit, risk and internal controls.
- An Actuarial background or qualification is desirable.
- Knowledge of Life and Pensions industry, including good technical knowledge and understanding of L&P propositions and products.
- Build credible and powerful relationships with senior stakeholders, demonstrating robust judgement, insight and thought leadership.
- Advanced communication, relationship management and influencing skills, both written and verbal.
- Has the ability to think strategically and anticipate strategic implications of business unit decisions.
- Experience of data analytics in a risk or assurance setting is desirable.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact or call him on .