Council Tax Officer
Job Title: Council Tax Officer
Location: Erith, Kent
Salary: GBP16,000 – GBP18,000
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual with council tax experience to join our thriving team here at Bexley Council.
To bill and recover Council Tax to maximize collection for current year and arrears
To contribute and achieve the targets and objectives of the business.
- Maximise collection of Council Tax for Bexley Council.
- Be responsible for dealing with, and responding to, written and verbal enquiries from members of the public, using a document imaging system (Anite) and working to procedures and guidelines
- Index daily post through Anite
- Deal with and respond to customers over the telephone and face to face through attendance at Court or Erith Reception.
- Issue recovery and enforcement documents in accordance with office and legislative procedures
- Negotiate arrangements in writing, on the phone and in person, for payment of debts
- Ensure accounts are progressed through the recovery cycle from reviewing housekeeping lists
- Promoting direct debit and self service to the customer
- Investigate records and liaise with outside agencies to locate debtors who have moved
- Prepare cases for write off
- Work as part of a team, sharing knowledge, solutions and experience to achieve targets
- Work in a pressured environment to achieve set targets and deadlines for all duties.
- Be PC literate and be able to use Word & Excel
- Utilising problem solving skills to resolve account issues
- To raise any issues with the Senior Officer/Council Tax Team Leader in good time.
- Understand and promote the company's Equal Opportunities policy
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 GCSE's or equivalent including Maths and English;
- Experience with a front facing customer environment
- Working to targets and deadlines
- Computer relationships.
- Self–motivated & team player.
- Positive & flexible approach
- Willingness to change working hours and location if required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and tactfully with all levels
- Professional approach.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks
- Ability to establish good working
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.