RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 50,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of GBP1.5bn.
We are now recruiting for a driven and motivated individual to join the Collections Team here in Corby. The main purpose of this role is to collect outstanding debt due from Debtors in accordance with the Company's credit terms and also co–ordinate the resolution of any disputes with customers.This position is part of the Standard & Key accounts collection team, which consists of fourteen credit controllers, each of whom are responsible for a ledger which consists of c.3000 active debtors.
- Collecting outstanding debt on allocated accounts by telephone and written communication within agreed timescales and maintain accurate records of all such activity.
- Respond promptly and completely to both customer and internal queries.
- Record queries to a Disputes Management tool.
- Advising on problem accounts and filtering as appropriate to head of finance.
- Monitoring customer credit limits and maintaining company credit policies.
- Referral of accounts to debt collection agencies and dealing with any issues arising.
- Analysing on–line credit rating agency information and setting up credit limits for new accounts.
- Experience in SAP is an advantage and good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Experience of working in a Credit Control/ Accounts department in a busy environment.
- An ability to work well under pressure whilst applying keen commercial judgment and maintaining a customer service ethic.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Be flexible, self motivation and a team player.
- Good telephone manner.
About us as an employer
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company. In return we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on (0) .