Financial Accountant - Long Term Contract
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will have specific responsibility for all UK management and statutory / regulatory reporting. You will be required to manage and maintain all related financial procedures and processes that support financial reporting and ensure that reporting is completed in both a timely and accurate manner.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of UK accounts and required consolidations, including income statement and balance sheet.
- Manage the reconciliation of all nominal ledgers / balance sheet accounts.
- Control site fixed assets and Capital expenditure and make recommendations for the approval of capital expenditures.
- Develop close working relationships with all UK Operations senior managers and personnel across the business in respect of their financial and accounting obligations.
- Liaising with auditors, actuaries, bankers, insurers and other financial advisors.
- Ensure that all statutory reporting to Governmental bodies is completed accurately and on time, including year end statutory account and tax packages.
- Maintain and control all records as required by Customs and Exercise / National Statistics Office.
- Develop and improve month end process as well as supporting any Ad Hoc projects.
- Work closely with the Corporate office to ensure all reporting deadlines are achieved.
- Responsible for the annual plan overheads, expenses and Capex.
The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with strong IT skills and relevant experience working in a medium to large company environment. The role will require excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to facilitate, explain, report to and work with all levels of the business.